European Shipping Week 2017 (ESW2017) is pleased to announce its line-up of high level industry speakers at its flagship conference to be held at Steigenberger Wiltcher’s Hotel in Brussels, on Wednesday 1st March 2017.
Moderated by Julian Bray, Editor-in-Chief of Tradewinds, the flagship conference will attract up to 400 top industry ship owners and regulatory personnel who will hear from industry specialists on key issues under the overarching theme of: European Shipping Policy: Delivering Global Competitiveness, Quality and Sustainability.
It will begin with delegates being welcomed by the Chairman of ESW2017 and ECSA’s Secretary General, Patrick Verhoeven, who will then hand over to Julian who will introduce Violeta Bulc, European Commissioner for Transport; Michael Cramer, Chairman of the TRAN Committee at the European Parliament; and also Joe Mizzi, Minister of Transport and Infrastructure in Malta, who will start the Conference by touching on the institutional keynotes.
The Global trends affecting shipping session will include presentations by Märtha Rehnberg, Associate Partner, Dare Disrupt Trade and Alexander Stubb, Member of the Parliament of Finland. They will then be followed by Jos Delbeke, Director-General DG Climate Action in the European Commission. After a Q&A session, Kyriakos Anastassiadis, CEO, Celestyal Cruises; Marialaura Dell’Abate, Amoretti Armatori Group; Mark Dickinson, General Secretary, Nautilus International; Trond Hodne, Business Director, DNV GL Maritime; Henriette Thygessen, CEO, Svitzer and Melina Travlou, CEO, Neptune Lines will contribute to the presentations.
The conference will also allow time to network for regulators and ship owners to discuss the themes covering industry standards, safety levels, environmental concerns and training. The delegates will have the ideal platform for both industry and regulators to come together to debate and agree a pathway on these and other issues moving forward.
European Shipping Policy’s state of play will also come under the spotlight within the business climate by the panellists Claus Frelle-Petersen, Senior Manager at Deloitte Nord and Sophie Moonen, Head of Unit State Aid Transport for DG Comp. Decarbornisation will be discussed within the industry and talk turning to how to take those steps forward.
Additional speakers include: Thomas Abrahamson, European Transport Workers’ Federation (ETF); Merja Kyllönen, Member of the European Parliament; Ivan Sammut, Registrar General, Malta Flag Administration; Niels Smedegaard, President, ECSA and Wim Van de Camp, Member of the European Parliament. The afternoon panel will also include Magda Kopczynska, Director of Maritime Transport at DG Move. The flagship conference will then finish with a closing keynote by Henrik Hololei, Director-General DG Move at the European Commission.
More information about the European Shipping Week and advice on how to books seats at the Conference and Gala Dinner is available at: https://www.europeanshippingweek.com
The complete list of speakers includes:
- Patrick Verhoeven, Chairman, European Shipping Week Steering Group and ECSA’s Secretary General
- Julian Bray, Editor-in-Chief, TradeWinds
- Michael Cramer, Chairman of the TRAN Committee, European Parliament
- Joe Mizzi, Minister of Transport & Infrastructure, Malta
- Violeta Bulc, Commissioner for Transport, European Commission
- Märtha Rehnberg, Associate Partner, Dare Disrupt
- Alexander Stubb, Member of Parliament, Finland
- Jos Delbeke, Director-General DG Climate Action in the European Commission
- Kyriakos Anastassiadis, CEO, Celestyal Cruises
- Marialaura Dell’Abate, Adviser, Amoretti Armatori Group
- Mark Dickinson, General Secretary, Nautilus International
- Trond Hodne, Business Director, DNV GL Maritime
- Henriette Thygessen, CEO, Svitzer
- Melina Travlou, CEO, Neptune Lines
- Elvira Deleu, 3rd Officer, Exmar Shipmanagement
- Claus Frelle-Petersen, Senior Manager, Deloitte Nord
- Sophie Moonen, Head of Unite State Aid Transport, DG Comp
- Markku Mylly, Executive Director, EMSA
- Thomas Abrahamson, European Transport Workers’ Federation (ETF)
- Merja Kyllönen, Member of the European Parliament
- Ivan Sammut, Registrar General, Malta Flag Administration
- Niels Smedegaard, President, ECSA
- Wim Van de Camp, Member of the European Parliament
- Magda Kopczynska, Director Maritime Transport in DG Move will join the afternoon panel
- Henrik Hololei, Director-General, DG Move, European Commission
Notes to Editors:
European Shipping Week, which was started in 2015 by the European Community Shipowners’ Associations (ECSA), is run by a Steering Group made up of Europe’s main shipping organisations as well as the European Commission and Shipping Innovation. The shipping organisations involved on the Steering Group include: ECSA; Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) Europe; European Community Association of Ship Brokers and Agents (ECASBA); Interferry; the European Dredging Association (EuDA); the World Shipping Council (WSC), the European Transport Workers’ Federation (ETF), the European Tugowners’ Association (ETA) as well as the European Maritime Pilots Association (EMPA). Other European shipping associations may also be invited to support the initiative and hold relevant events during the week.
European Shipping Week will be held in Brussels during the week of February 27th – March 3, 2017 when shipping industry leaders from Europe and around the world will descend on Brussels to meet and network with top legislators from the European Commission, European Parliament and the Council of Ministers.
The week‐long series of high level events will bring together the major players in the shipping industry. More information about European Shipping Week 2017 is available at www.europeanshippingweek.com
ESW is organised by Shipping Innovation – the driving force behind the highly successful London International Shipping Week (LISW).
For Further Information Please Contact:
Sean Moloney/Lisa Jacobs
Tel: +44 (0) 1296 682104
ECSA Tel: +32 (0)2 511 3940
Patrick Verhoeven / Karoliina Rasi